Friday 10 May 2013

Spicy Butternut Squash Chips

Spicy butternut squash wedges that will cure any fried chips craving and it's oh so simple.

You know when you just want chips and no matter what you eat, it's in your head that you want chips.  Sometimes you feel that butternut squash just wont cut it?  Well to season them well makes all of the difference. 

I used my actifry for this which most of you, by now, will know that I love my actifry and would not be without out it.  30 minutes and that was it.  

Due to the fact that butternut squash has a Propoints value of 0, it means that if you want to have coleslaw or some other dip with it you can. 

WeightWatchers Propoints per recipe 0
WeightWatchers Propoints per serving 0
Serves 2 

Ingredients

1 butternut squash
1 Tbl of garlic granules
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbl of chili powder
Spray Oil

Directions

Cut the butternut squash into chips or wedges.  Sprinkle with all of the seasonings.  Mist with spray oil and toss to coat and allow them to rest for a few minutes.  Place in the Actifry or a preheated oven on gas mark 6.  Actifry or roast for 30 minutes turning once if using the oven. 

Serve with meat or dips.  Also a delicious side to a BBQ.

Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favourite post because since I started ww I live on bns.

    ReplyDelete